It's technically really too early to start announcing because we are only about 4 weeks along, but we want as many prayers as possible for this new little baby on the way. I am making this post because I know a lot of people are going to have questions and it is unfortunate that I have to make such a post, but we really don't need any "debbie downers" right now!!
We are so very excited to announce that Hailey will be a big sister, but scared at the same time. For those wondering, we only have a 3% chance of having another CHD baby. Compared to the rest of the world having a 1% chance. So don't look down on us for trying again. I have heard from many friends that tried again after having a CHD baby that they got a lot of negative feedback. We have every right to try and have a family. This is all I have wanted since I was very young. So please be supportive of us throughout this pregnancy. Like I said, we have a 3% chance of it happening again and a 97% chance of having a healthy baby!
We have been trying since January and even had to take Provera to get my cycle regulated again after being MIA after Hailey's passing. It finally came back in April and we started charting using "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" and the first month of charting we were successful!! Conceived on Mother's Day 2010!!! Due date is January 30th 2011. We know Hailey is looking over this new little one, and we know she had a hand in this as she gave us this new little baby on one of the best days possible.
I want you all to know that this is going to be a very hard time for us but also a very exciting one! We would like everyone to help us stay positive and support us through this no matter what happens.
We will update as we find out more!