Christmas

Christmas

Monday, November 29, 2010

A day in history

November 29th is an important day in the history of Congenital Heart Defects. On November 29, 1944, the Blalock-Taussig Shunt was born. The BT Shunt (as it is now commonly known) gave many CHD infants like Hailey a fighting chance at life. There is a great movie out there called Something The Lord Made. It's a movie on the pioneering of open heart surgery. I highly recommend it!




Today is also a sad day in the heart community. Steve Catoe one of the most vocal, active, inspiring people in the CHD world lost his battle to Tricuspid Atresia. He was 44 years old. You can check out his blog here. And here is a link to the blog talking about his passing. You will be greatly missed, Steve.

And last of all, Hailey's 1st Angelversarry is coming up on Thursday. This is going to be a very hard day for us, I know I don't write many post about how I am personally feeling throughout this year of firsts without our daughter, but I will try my best to write something on Wednesday. There's a lot I want to say but I have never been a great blogger and getting my feelings out there. But I want to do it for all my followers, especially the one's who have recently been through their own loss.
On a good note, our blanket colletion for Doernbecher Childrens Hospital is going great! We have about 70 blankets so far that we will be bringing in on Hailey's Angelversarry this Thursday. Just going to try and keep ourselves busy that day and making children smile, is a great way to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment