Christmas

Christmas

Friday, June 18, 2010

Pruritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques of Pregnancy!

Now say that 3 times fast! But for short, just call it PUPPS. If I had been updating my blog, you would have known that I had PUPPS during my pregnancy with Hailey. I would not wish this condition on my worst enemy. It is horrible! Click here to read about PUPPS . By the time my doctor was able to figure out what I had, it was already down to my knees and up to my neck. I could not sleep for weeks!  And here comes the strangest part, PUPPS occurs in only 1% of pregnant women, and with that one percent, 70% will be having boys! How much more bad statistics could we handle?! We had Hailey being 1 in 10,000 with having HLHS and now this on top! The point of this post is that we had our doctor appointment today and we were told we have a good chance of it coming back this pregnancy...great... But that was our only bad news today.


















We had our ultrasound at noon today and so far everything is looking great. We got to see the little peanut's heart beat and it was at 147 bpm. We will be getting another ultrasound on July 6th.
And since I have been so tired lately, I forgot to post my weekly info! So here it is!


Week and day: 7 weeks and 5 days

Belly Button in or out: Still in. :)  Never came out while I was pregnant with Hailey, so I think it may stay in!

Wedding rings on or off: Still on of course!

Food cravings:  None

Food aversions: Everything!

Nausea: It's very bad! Feeling nauseous 24/7

Energy level: Can't make it through the day without a nap.

Weight gain: Lost a few pounds, but that's okay!

Mood: Excited!!

Maternity clothes: I'm sure I have a month or so before those are needed!

Size of baby: 1/2 inch! 

Baby's changes: Leg buds are beginning to appear as short fins and the arm buds have grown longer; they have divided into a hand segment and an arm-shoulder segment. The hand and foot have a digital plate where the fingers and toes will develop. 
The heart bulges from the body. By this time, it has divided into right and left chambers (lets pray that it did!) The primary bronchi are present in the lungs. The cerebral hemispheres, which make up the brain, are also growing. Eyes and nostrils are developing. 
Intestines are developing, and the appendix is present. The pancreas, which produces the hormone insulin, is also present. Part of the intestine bulges into the umbilical cord. Later in the baby's development, it will return to the abdomen.  

Next appointment: July 6th at 10:30am

What I've been up toWorking and sleeping! And trying to to trow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment