Christmas

Christmas

Friday, August 7, 2009

Drain tubes are out!


Hailey got her drain tubes out today! She did really well, she is still a bit swollen from having her chest closed but she is urinating well and should get that fluid off in a few days. Once all that fluid is gone they will start more aggressively getting her off of the ventilator! She has been on it for 2 1/2 weeks now, it would be so great to see her without it!
I also got to hold her for the second time ever today! What a great feeling that was, she had to stay in her bed while I held her because of the ventilator, but as soon as that is gone, lots more holding will happen! She sure seemed to know that I was there, her oxygen saturation levels increased while I was holding her, but we're still waiting for her to open her eyes more often. They are decreasing her meds slowly and that should help wake her up a bit more.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to see that your little Hailey is doing well! I know how hard this is right now for you, being a new mom and watching your baby go through all this but everyday is a day closer to taking your little girl home! I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for your precious girl!

    ReplyDelete