So after 2 conferences with the cardiologists and with Stanford, we have decided to stay here at Doernbecher's for Hailey's next surgery. It will be in her best interest as a heart transplant won't work well with Hailey. Stanford also wants to be too aggressive and try and fix too many things at once where Dr Armsby and Langley here would be a lot more careful and only fix the 3 things needed at this time, saving the other 2 for her Fontan surgery in a couple of years.
If she were to wait for a heart in Stanford, their average wait time is 4+ months. That is not fair to Hailey, especially if she can't wait that long. We would rather have her here close to home. That way if anything were to happen, we will be very close by. If something bad were to happen while at Stanford, Josh may not make it in time with trying to get on an airplane to be with us.
The doctors here at Doernbecher are in a meeting about Hailey as I write this. They are making decisions and thinking of a date for her surgery. I will post more after they get out of their meeting and come speak to us.